Monday, October 20, 2008

Back to Bike Commuting on the TITUS

Did this just really happen? My car just dumped all its antifreeze at the worst place possible, the dog park. The boohs will think that its a yummy green slushy juice, and it is not good for them. I hope with the leash law at the lot no dogs were injured with the VW angst. I swear my car is against me, has a soul and wants to just sit in parking lots, it wants to either sit at the Concourse waiting for the K-man to work on her, or hang out next to baby blue (Freak's car) and chill.

My answer to the outright revolt, go test drive a 35,000 dollar car I can not afford. The Subaru Tribeca, its DEELICIOUS! With capital D and added E's. Its sexy, roomy, it could be a sport utility, fold the back seats down, room to sleep, or stash lots of gear, a bike, dog and canoe can all find their places with this car. The dash is easy to navigate, I liked it better than the dash on my friends BMW. The clearance was good. hummmm...how can I jones for something that seems out of my league?

The answer, calm all angst by riding my bike, I love my bike, I love riding my Titus Racer X around town, bouncing off of curbs, waving at the wild rose bike mech crew not once but twice at stop lights on their way to trail rides.

So gotta run and bike to go teach yoga downtown...luckily to park my Titus takes about 15 seconds and there is always a free post somewhere.

--xojk

No comments: